I am unnaturally into making mixtapes (and by mixtape, I mean itunes playlist…speaking of which: If someone were to make me an itunes playlist, but then present it to me in this form, I would be their wifey for sure), to the point of making one for my cats out of desperation for a theme.
So the job hunt is an…emotional rollercoaster, to say the least…the problem being that, with graphic design positions especially, employers amass resumes for a month or more and then start the actual interview process, which could also go for a couple weeks, at which point you start to feel like these guys:
As in, hanging on the walls at the already awkward school dance, waiting to pounce-dance on someone who is blatantly not into it, and maybe bargaining them into lending you their panties so you can act like you actually got with that…Just being a general poozer for the most part.
Things haven’t been all that bleak…I had one interview last week and another one scheduled, but don’t want to jinx myself with too much job focus….so instead I put together a lil mix to keep me motivated and on-track in my quest for floral happiness!
There Is Nothing Permanent Except Change
- Wildflowers – Tom Petty
- Sister Rosetta Goes Before Us – Alison Krauss and Robert Plant
- Thank You – Alanis Morissette
- Try, Try, Try – Smashing Pumpkins
- Jesus Is On the Main Line – Aerosmith
- Goodbye Babylon – Black Keys
- Jack & Diane – John Mellencamp
- Landslide – Dixie Chicks
- Tiny Dancer – Elton John
- Welcome to the Good Times – Black Crowes
- Good Enough – Cyndi Lauper
- Acoustic #3 – Goo Goo Dolls
- I Wish I Was In New Orleans – Scarlett Johansson
- The Boys of Summer – Don Henley
- The Times They Are A-Changin’ – Bob Dylan
- Baby Got Going – Liz Phair
- Little Cream Soda – White Stripes
- Two Weeks – Earl Greyhound
- The Runner – Kings of Leon
- Brand New Day – Van Morrison
- The Wind – Cat Stevens
- Fireflies – Lori McKenna
I was trying to figure out a way to actually upload this playlist onto the blog, so anyone could download it, but since I’m the most un-techie designer ever, who knows….whatev.
I’m a little behind on the bloggin’ – stay tuned for a recap of the Maine weekend, complete with flower pics!